“The Special Collections & Archives at UCSC is a hidden gem in Santa Cruz. As a Collectors Club member, I get unique access to the Library's rare books as well as invitations to exclusive events. It has been great to be a part of a group of people who share my same interests."
—Margaret Gordon, Collectors Club Member
The Collectors Club at UC Santa Cruz was conceived by a number of Library friends who expressed an interest in celebrating the primary source materials of Special Collections and Archives while promoting community-campus collaboration through fun discovery events.
Your donation of $500 per year (per individual) provides unrestricted funds for Special Collections and helps us purchase rare books, photographs, maps, artworks, and other materials to strengthen the holdings of Special Collections and Archives. In appreciation, members are invited to participate in several unique events.
Collectors Club Member benefits:
- Participation in the Annual Selection Day. Explore significant early printed books, art, and photography acquired by Special Collections in years past. After viewing the current showcase, help choose which works, from a presented list, we should acquire with the year’s proceeds from the Collectors Club.
- An invitation to the opening event for the annual Center for Archival Research and Training exhibit.
- Exclusive invitations to unique events at Special Collections.
- An invitation to the University Library Holiday Party. Join the Library staff for our end-of-year all-staff holiday celebration.
- 4-hour parking permits for the above events (by request).
Join the Collectors Club!
To join online, please click here
To join by mail, please make a check out to “The UCSC Foundation”, adding the note “Collectors Club.”
UC Santa Cruz
University Library - Liz White
1156 High Street
Santa Cruz, CA 95064