UCSC Library Food and Drink Policy
Senior Library Management may approve special events or other exceptions to policy.
Food and Drink Items Allowed:
- Covered drinks
- Snacks or wrapped items
- Food without strong odors
- Wipe up accidents and dispose of your trash and recyclables.
- Tell a library staff member if there is a spill to ensure damaged items are properly treated.
- No group meals (e.g. pizza parties) in public areas
- No food deliveries (e.g. pizza)
- The Global Village Café space is reserved for consumption of food purchased in the café.
Areas Where No Food or Drinks Are Allowed:
- Book stacks
- Near photocopiers, printers, and microform readers
- McHenry Special Collections & Archives
- Dead Central
- S&E Game Room
Patrons who refuse to comply with the UCSC Library Food and Drink Policy are considered in violation of the UCSC Library Use and Conduct Code.
Policy effective: September 22, 2008
Policy updated: August 4, 2011