The Doors are Open!
On Monday, June 20th, 2011 the expanded and renovated McHenry Library re-opened to community members, students, faculty and staff. The entrance, on the north side, is again the door of the original building.
Thank you, each and every one of you, for your contributions.
- Thank you, library donors.Your dollars created gardens, equipped group study rooms, furnished lounge and study spaces, and purchased new technology.
- Thank you, volunteers, for the many hours generously given.
- Thank you, library staff, for your patience, your ideas, your research, and, finally, for your good humor during jack hammering, dust, and moving twice.
- Thank you, movers, for your great care as you shifted 600,000 books ... twice!
- Thank you, all the members of the trades, for your difficult and sometime dangerous labor as your skilled hands touched every inch of our new building.
- Thank you, campus colleagues, for your coordination of this enormous 25 + year project.
- Thank you, students, faculty and all library patrons for your patience during this long haul.
We all delight in the play of sunlight through tall windows while we learn our way through the five floors and 210,000 square feet of the new McHenry Library.
Please enjoy these photos and let me know what you think of our new look.