My ILL Requests Help
How to Login to your ILL Request Account:
Go to My ILL Requests
This will take you initially to the Off Campus Access Login Page. Here you will enter your Library Barcode in the box under the heading "LOGIN." Your library card/account number begins with either "22106", or "22200". It is 14 digits long and must be entered without spaces or dashes. After entering in your barcode, click the "LOGIN" button next to the box.
At this point you will be taken to the "My ILL Requests" sign in page. Here you will be asked to enter the following information:
Library Card/Account : Your User ID is your UCSC Libraries' Library Card/Account Number. Your library card/account number begins with either "22106", or "22200". It is 14 digits long and must be entered without spaces or dashes.
PIN: The password does not apply to UCSC patrons.
Home Campus : Choose UCSC only .
Login Failure messages:
- "Authentication declined: Borrower is blocked from making Requests" means that you have overdue UCSC Libraries materials or that you have fines that are blocking your account. View " My Library Account " to determine if you have overdue items. Returning or renewing the item will unblock your account. You may also have fines that are blocking your account, please contact either McHenry Circulation desk (459-5185) or S&E Circulation desk (459-5300) to clear your account.
- "Authentication declined: Your Borrower ID and/or Library Catalog pin# is invalid." Review and follow the "How to Login to your ILL Request Account" at the top of this page.
Viewing My Requests
After hitting "Submit," your account information will display. You can choose to sort your requests by Author, ILL No., Title, or Need by date, and you can display up to 20 requests per page (we suggest sorting by ILL No./descending, which will generally display the most recently submitted requests at the top of the list). After your choices are set, hit "Submit". You will notice that your name and status appears in the left hand corner, verifying that you are logged in.
Only "active" ILL requests display, including items that are being processed, pending at potential suppliers, shipped but not arrived, received, and returned but not yet checked in at the supplying library location. Requests submitted through the UCSC ILL Manual Request Form require special handling by staff and may not display in your ILL account for several days.
If you have no active ILL requests, the following will display:
A typical request in your list will look like this:
Back to Top
My Request Status
The "Status" of your requests will be displayed in the record. Following is a list of possible statuses and what they mean:
- In process: we are still working on your request; we are working with other libraries to fulfill your request
- Received: your request, whether a copy or a loan, has been received by the UCSC ILL Department. Loans (returnables) will display the established due date. Copies (non-returnables), whether delivered electronically or as a paper copy, will display in your list for 30 days from the received date.
- Returned: your loan request has been reported returned by the UCSC ILL Department. Record will disappear from your list when the lending library has formally "checked in" the item.
- Renewal pending: the UCSC ILL Department has formally submitted a renewal request to the lending institution.
- Recalled: the lending library has formally recalled the item in your loan request.
Back to Top
You may submit renewal requests for your ILL loans from your requests list (please submit renewal requests no more than fourteen (14) days in advance of the due date).
To submit a renewal request, click on either the Title or "View" link:
In the resulting "Request Details" screen, click on the "Renew" link.:
Fill in your email address in the "Mail from" text box. Click the "Send email" button at the bottom of the renewal request form to submit your request for renewal. Though the "Mail from" is optional, it is advisable that this field is filled in, as this will be used in contacting you later about your renewal request's status.
Clicking the "Send email" button at the bottom of the form sends your request for renewal to the UCSC Interlibrary Loan Office. In turn, office staff will contact the lending library requesting a renewal. Requests for renewal are not automatic, as they must be approved by the lending library. Click the "OK" button to close this window and return to the "Request Details" screen.
When a renewal request is formally sent to the lending library, the item's status will change to"Renewal Pending"
- Renewal approved: If the lending library approves a renewal request, the item's status will change to "Received" with the new due date indicated.
- Renewal denied: If the lending library declines a renewal request, you will be contacted by email, requesting that the item be returned.
Back to Top
Cancelling a request:
You may submit a request to cancel an ILL request directly from your ILL account, if the "cancel" option is available. (An item may allow a cancellation due to its current status with the lending library.) To "cancel" a request, click on its Title or "View" link.
In the resulting "Request Details" screen, click on the "Cancel" link.
Clicking the "Send email" button at the bottom of the resulting form, sends your cancel request to the UCSC Interlibrary Loan Office.
Click the "OK" button to close this window and return to the "Request Details" screen.
Back to Top
Do you have a proxy account?
If an ILL item is requested under a proxy account, you must login using the proxy barcode. If you login using the faculty barcode, you will only be able to see items requested under that faculty barcode; you will not be able to see items requested via proxy.
If you have any trouble with My ILL Requests, contact the Interlibrary Loan office, 459-5185 or you can email us at email@example.com
back to ILL home