LAUC-SC Executive Council minutes, 5/2/13, 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
In attendance: Christy Caldwell (Vice-Chair), Frank Gravier (Secretary), Ann Hubble (CAPA Chair), Lee Jaffe (General Committee Chair), Lucia Orlando (Chair).
Call to order.
- Additional agenda items: none.
- Announcements: Christy will email Philip Stark to find out how librarians can get Acrobat Pro so they can use the travel and request for support forms online.
- Assembly plans update: The CoUL Plans and Priorities document will be the centerpiece of the Assembly. The document will be distributed prior to the meeting in preparation for both general discussion and breakout sessions. LAUC wants to be proactive and help move the CoUL objectives forward. E. Cowell will give a presentation on the new advisory structure.
Each division needs to put forward candidates for membership to the new groups. The Executive Council helped Lucia identify some local names to put forward.
- LAUC SC General Membership planning and agenda: Some possible times were identified for the meeting. The Executive Council will finalize time and agenda by email.
- LAUC Elections update / calendar: We have a slate of candidates. Elections must be completed by 6/3/13. Lee will create a ballot in Survey Monkey and send voting information to the division.
- CAPA Report: UCSB contacted Ann to ask to see our local recruitment practices as defined in the draft PAPA-Rep document.
CAPA had 8 files to review this and they have completed the bulk of them.
Minutes by Frank Gravier.