LAUC-SC Executive Council minutes, 12/6/12, 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
In attendance: Christy Caldwell (Vice-Chair), Frank Gravier (Secretary), Ann Hubble (CAPA Chair), Lee Jaffe (General Committee Chair), Lucia Orlando (Chair).
Absent: Annette Marines (Immediate Past Chair).
Call to order.
- CAPA Workshop recap. Kudos to Ann for a well run workshop. Feedback included recommendations for future workshops, specifically presentations by AULs, who have the option of submitting a letter to the review file, about their expectations and an acknowledgement that CAPA is resource for both reviewees and review initiators. Ann affirmed that CAPA was willing to coordinate a review workshop specifically for review initiators if desired.
- PAPA-Rep. Kate McGirr has sent the documents to CAPA, they will be posted in the next week. A date for LAUC-SC discussion and vote is to be determined. CAPA is discussing the best method for presenting the draft and clarifying the issues involved for the membership. Discussion could take place both by email and at a brown-bag session. LAUC-Exec. will discuss next steps at the January meeting.
- General Committee Programming Survey. Lee reported on the results of the survey. No one model stood out. After discussion it was agreed that an informal gathering would be the next event to take place sometime before the break.
- LAUC equipment update. The LAUC Mac needed a $80.00 upgrade. LTCG agreed to fund this. LAUC needs to establish and clarify a process for the ongoing maintenance of LAUC computers.
- LAUC statewide update. Lucia reported that the CoUL Plans & Priorities document 2013-2016 <http://libraries.universityofcalifornia.edu/about/vision_mission_goals.html> will serve as the theme for the LAUC Assembly. Divisional Chairs are asked to submit suggestions for structuring the discussion prior to the Assembly. Lucia will submit these on behalf of UCSC.
LAUC leadership conveyed LAUC's continued interest in providing feedback on SOPAG "principles" document and the reorganization of UC All Campus Groups. SOPAG Chair, Elizabeth Cowell, confirmed that LAUC will have a role in the discussion.
- Future agenda items: move the LAUC-SC R&PD request form online.
minutes by Frank Gravier.