November 6, 2008
Present: Frank Gravier (Chair), Sarah Troy (Vice Chair), Deborah Murphy (CAPA Chair), Nicole Lawson (Secretary), and members Christine Bunting, Christine Caldwell, Elizabeth Cowell, Greg Careaga, Ann Hubble, Christy Hightower, Lee Jaffe, Cynthia Jahns, Danielle Kane, Annette Marines, Karen Mokryzicki, Lucia Orlando, Sue Perry, Elizabeth Remak, John Speagle and Ginny Steel
Absent: Ken Lyons (General Committee Chair)
1. Announcements: University Librarian Steel sent out an e-mail regarding a session with Strategic Planning Consultant Raynna Bowlby on Tuesday, 11/18. This will be an opportunity for LAUC members to ask questions and get feedback on writing goals and objectives in the context of new strategic directions.
2. Chair's Report: The LAUC Fall Assembly will be held 12/3 & 12/4 at UCSF. Gravier will send out the url with registration and presentation information to the membership tomorrow, 11/7. The Spring Assembly will be held 5/13 & 5/14/09 at UC Riverside. Incoming LAUC President Sam Dunlap is developing new charges for some existing committees including those for R&PD and Diversity. There will be a statewide LAUC meeting next week.
3. Vice Chair's Report: None
4. CAPA Chair's Report: The last review packet has been received. CAPA will be holding a workshop from 9 - 11am on 12/11.
5. General Committee Chair's Report: None
6. Secretary's Report: None
7. CAPA Report & Presentation: Outgoing CAPA Chair Perry presented a summary of the 2007/2008 CAPA Report. The full report can be found here. Perry then invited comments from the membership. Comments focused on the significant delays in CAPA receiving completed review packets, penalties for those delays, and changes to the review calendar:
CAPA chair Murphy moved that the 2007/08 CAPA report be accepted. Member Perry seconded and the motion was passed.
Minutes by Lawson