Present: Frank Gravier (Chair), Sarah Troy (Vice Chair), Ken Lyons (General Committee Chair), Nicole Lawson (Secretary), and member Christy Caldwell.
Absent: Deborah Murphy (CAPA Chair)
1. Announcements: Chair Gravier announced that member Machlis will be the LAUC Representative to the Graduate Council. Troy suggested that the two LAUC Representatives to academic senate committees present regular updates at the LAUC Executive Council Meetings.
2. Research & Professional Development Report: Chair Gravier and Vice Chair Troy have reviewed the recommendations included in the report and have determined that several currently fall under the purview of Admin. LAUC will be actively pursuing recommendations 2a. and 3-6. Troy will be working on an R&PD travel webpage that will bring together information that currently resides on a few disparate pages.
3. LAUC Guide Documents: The Executive Council will review the draft document created last year and send any edits to General Committee Chair Lyons by 1/16. Lyons will post the final document to the LAUC webpage.
4. Managing the Ongoing Tasks List: Gravier sent a proposal to the Executive Council for consolidating and prioritizing action items under general theme headings. In addition the Council had the following suggestions:
5. Chair's Report: There will be a statewide meeting Friday, 1/9. Statewide Chair Dunlap will be discussing state communication regarding the budget and the LAUC Clearinghouse. The Spring Assembly will held May 13th.
6. Vice Chair's Report: No grant proposals have been received thus far for LAUC research grants. Troy will send a reminder to the membership.
7. CAPA Chair's Report: None
8. General Committee Chair's Report: Lyons has contacted five potential speakers to get more information on group sizes and fees.
9. Secretary's Report: None
Minutes by Lawson