Present: Turner (Chair), Careaga (Vice Chair), Lyons (General Committee Chair), Orlando (Secretary)
The distinguished step will be discussed at the February meeting. All members are encouraged to attend.
CHAIR'S REPORT (Turner)
1. Esther Grassian, the LAUC President has offered to visit LAUC SC. LAUC SC will consider topics of interest to the membership.
2. LAUC Position Papers: The LAUC systemwide executive board has charged a committee with updating the LAUC position papers, and determining if there is a need for new position papers.
3. Turner reviewed the LAUC President's report. The full report can be found on the web at www.ucop.edu/lauc/president-fall-2002.html
4. The Committee on Rules and Professional Governance has updated the LAUC bylaws so that there is more coordination between updating system-wide and corresponding divisional bylaws. Details can be found at
It was noted that LAUC SC may also need to update the local bylaws.5. LAUC Exec Board has changed the way they approve meeting minutes. Minutes will be approved via email by the Executive board, then made available to the membership. LAUC SC will also begin approving minutes via email.
SECRETARY'S REPORT (Orlando)
Minutes from the 12/2/02 meeting were approved
GENERAL COMMITTEE REPORT (Lyons)
1. Lyons is pursuing cost information for subscriptions to Library Literature and LISA
2. Lyons is looking into speakers for LAUC. Possible topics include: Building expansion issues, SJSU/SCPL joint library, and faculty status in the CSU system.
VICE CHAIR'S and R&PD COMMITTEE REPORT (Careaga)
Minutes by Lucia Orlando (Secretary)