LAUC-SC Executive Council minutes, 6/13/13, 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
In attendance: Christy Caldwell (Vice-Chair), Frank Gravier (Secretary), Ann Hubble (CAPA Chair), Lee Jaffe (General Committee Chair), Lucia Orlando (Chair).
Call to order.
- Announcements: None.
- Additional agenda items: None.
- General membership recap: Lucia noted that the meeting went well.
- LAUC Statewide:
Following the LAUC Assembly the Executive Board drafted and distributed the "LAUC Advisory Statement to CoUL on Systemwide Plan & Prioritiets, 2013-2016." A copy was distributed to the LAUC-SC division on June 10, 2013. This document necessarily summarizes the breakout discussions held at the Assembly. A fuller description of those can be found on the Assembly Documents page <http://lauc2013assembly.weebly.com/assembly-documents.html
The Executive Board is considering instituting an outstanding service award. More details need to be worked out and it may only be implemented as a pilot.
- LAUC Statewide committee appointments: LAUC-SC has vacancies on three statewide committees that need to be filled. The committees are Committee on Professional Governance, Committee on Diversity and the Committee on Research and Professional Development. A call for volunteers will be sent out.
- LAUC-SC mailing list: Council agreed to migrate the LAUC mailing lists from Mailman to Google Groups. This has been the practice for mailing lists throughout the library. Lucia will contact ITS about this.
- COLASC: At the most recent meeting University Librarian Steel shared a document detailing ARL member budgets for comparison with UCSC University Library.
The Library is building new collaborative relationships with the campus Office of Research and the Senate's Committee on Research.
Minutes by Frank Gravier.