- When writing grants, include the Library in your funding request (datasets, data management support, archiving tools, journal subscriptions, etc.).
- When making new hires, request that some percent of library start-up funding for faculty be made permanent money for the Library.
- Speak up for the Library's needs when discussions about funding for new programs take place in your department.
- Include permanent Library funding in your new program proposals.
- When possible, commit to publishing in open access journals.
- When you notice content key to your research needs has been cancelled, work with your Dean, Department Head, or Faculty Advisor as appropriate to advocate for funding to reinstate the title in the Library's collection.
Contact Kerry Scott OR your subject librarian with questions.